Cocoview / Roatan with a car rental?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marka123

New
Reaction score
Hi All,
Currently planning a trip to Roatan. Looking at Cocoview. I like to have a rental car to take day trips around island, go out to eat, etc. Concerned about the "boat ferry" situation at Cocoview (and other places). I want to be able to jump in my car at a moment's notice. Is this possible at Cocoview? Or do I have to wait on a boat to cross to the mainland? Is there secure parking? Etc. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!!

You could rent a car and park it over at the boat landing. If you ask at the office, you can get aride from the resort over to the boat landing any time. Having said that, I can't imagine getting your money's worth out of a rental car while also diving at CoCo View.

Not sure how safe it would be to venture too far from the resort. I also question what you might find of interest judging from what little I observed on the rough and raw van ride from the airport. Are you planning to tour the island?

Not sure how safe it would be to venture too far from the resort. I also question what you might find of interest judging from what little I observed on the rough and raw van ride from the airport. Are you planning to tour the island,or just want the freedom to escape periodically ?

Back
Top Bottom