cold diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oscar_2424

Contributor
Reaction score
hi am going next week to peru in south america and plan to do a lot of diving there, i have been told that the water is cold pretty much like california if not colder, does anubody knows any regs for cold diving, the only one i heard is the mares proton ice thank for the help

Mares MR22/Abyss
MaresV16/Proton metal
The Apeks that Mania mentioned except the 20 series. :wink:
Many Aqualung and Scubapro regs.
Besides, California diving isn't really cold. :D

Sherwood,Auqualung,Im sure I have missed a mess,but cold water,Not sure=you diving under a polar cap? well thease to list just 2 that I own work good in water FRESH to near or freezing water temps the great lakes have to offer!
Brad

I dive in 30-55F water temp.. I use a Zeagle Flathead VI, but Apex has a good one out for alot less $$$. Right now the Bay of Fundy is a Toasty 39F

Aqualung Legend LX Supreme...

I would have to say also APEKS. cold water diving pretty much anything would work. If your diving under ice, or artic conditions "near freezing temps", then a specialty reg would be needed.

specialty reg? Ehhh phooey.... that's WHY there is a Legend LX Supreme. Ready to go out of the box...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom