Cold feet in USIA suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gracefulc

Registered
Reaction score
I've got about 8 dives in on my new USIA drysuit which I absolutely love but there is one problem I can't seem to remedy: Cold feet! My boots (hard boots attached to suit)have a lot of room in them so I have tried wool socks, 2 pairs of wool socks, wicking socks at the base layer and wool over the wicking socks, but my toes are always cold....

Anyone have any experience with using the weezle booties by themselves? I love my USIA undergarment so I certainly don't need the whole weezle undergarment, but I am thinking their booties might be my best option for keeping my feet warm... any comments/suggestions/opinion before I go spending $55 on a pair of weezle booties?

Thanks all!

I have a USIA suit with the hard sole boots as well. I use the Weezle socks over a pair of regular sweat socks. That combination keeps me plenty warm. The Weezles are nice. USIA also now makes a very similar sock. Find a USIA dealer and check them out. Good luck! Having cold feet sucks!

I have a USA aqua pro plus. Do you have the heavier boots? I do, I also have fairly skinny feet so I actually am able to fit a pair of SuperFeet insoles inside as well. If you use those rubber stirrups - they can tend to be tight an may prevent good blood flow. I usually use liner socks (polypropelene-REI brand) and thick wool socks. My feet aren't toasty but it seams to work. I have tried getting another pair of socks on but it doesn't seam to make that big a difference.

Jason

gracefulc:
I've got about 8 dives in on my new USIA drysuit which I absolutely love but there is one problem I can't seem to remedy: Cold feet! My boots (hard boots attached to suit)have a lot of room in them so I have tried wool socks, 2 pairs of wool socks, wicking socks at the base layer and wool over the wicking socks, but my toes are always cold....

Anyone have any experience with using the weezle booties by themselves? I love my USIA undergarment so I certainly don't need the whole weezle undergarment, but I am thinking their booties might be my best option for keeping my feet warm... any comments/suggestions/opinion before I go spending $55 on a pair of weezle booties?

Thanks all!
Weezle anything works great...I don't dive dry without them,
my USIA Aqua Pro, Weezle extreme or compact and my weezle boots down to 48 degrees; add a pair of poly or thinsulate socks (no cotton or wool, to wick away any water) and I'm good down to 38/40
even if I get a little damp, I stay warm

My feet used to get really cold until put some thermal insoles into them. I also switched to a bigger fin which allows more air into the boot and possible better circulation aswell.

gracefulc:

Thanks all!

If you are unable to find a good thermal sock, either one from USIA or other, you can always upgrade your boot to a neoprene lined boot. The only drawbacks are that they are a bit more expensive and usually pretty bulky. If your interested, give your dealer a call. Tell them I sent you, and I'll get you a good Scubaboard rate!:D

gracefulc:
Anyone have any experience with using the weezle booties by themselves?
I just got a DC drysuit with the same kind of boots. There is some room in them, unlike my old drysuit which had rock boots and my feet were always cold no matter what I did.

But with the new suit with just the Weezle socks (thin poly liners underneath) my feet have been toasty warm in 36 degree water. It's amazing how much better those weezles work with a little room in the shoe. Fantastic! This is the first time in years my feet have stayed warm in this cold of water.
Uberlingcod:
I also switched to a bigger fin which allows more air into the boot and possible better circulation aswell.
Right. Fins can't be too tight. I use the Turtles which have lots of room for my big dogs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom