Collaboration Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
a few months back me and a non-diver friend got together from some drinks and ended up playing around with photoshop and some of my underwater photos. the idea was to create something different to show marine life in a manner even non divers can appreciate. here are the results of the collaboration. hope you guys like it. and thanks for viewing. :)

3324950749_a785397c01.jpg

3324366845_ab1437a898.jpg

3325825970_227fa11c5c.jpg

3323666149_05aabf4d4e.jpg

3323666229_a168d2b51c.jpg

3324366971_51c6f33604.jpg

photos: jon aguirre (jonix)
post processing: parc cruz

i've shared these before in the member's photo gallery & ppd photo thread. i forgot the underwater photography forum :D

Reall cool!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

WOW!!! Those look like posters that should be hanging somewhere! :) Absolutely gorgeous!! BTW, do you ever DO anything with the pics (other than personal sharing)? Many of the pics on this site look better than pictures in the books at stores!!

Great shots! The Mantis Shrimp looks like a sci-fi monster!!!

Cool stuff Jon. I especially enjoyed the first and last. I like the way you isolated the Eel from the motion blur.

thanks thanks :)

i was hesitant at first when we talked about this as i usually post underwater photos the traditional way. the idea of giving character thru post processing was just too hard to resist though. being a non-diver, my friend had no idea what he was looking at and thought some of the critters were in fact creepy. but having these printed and hanged on my wall sure enough got the attention of family and friends.

Jonix,

Very, VERY impressive --there is an almost haunting quality. I particularly love the juxtaposition of vivid colors and deep, dark hues.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom