Collapsible Crate for SCUBA transport...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't care what you use in cave country, but I sure wish folks would quit bringing large bins onto the boats that don't fit under the benches.

I typically bring my gear to my seat, set it up, and then take whatever bag (or bin if I find one that suits my needs) either to the office or to my car.

In Australia Coles supermarkets use a nifty collapsible but sturdy black plastic crate for home deliveries... these are often re-purposed :wink:
Logtek make them in a few sizes (Size C at 41L is the biggest 578 x 385 x 210mm), also Rotaform in NZ make a 47L size meant for heavy commercial freight use:
Welcome to Logtek - Home of Coles Crates
Collapsible & Vented Crate 47L
View attachment 531580
There must be something similar used for commercial freight in the US?

That may actually be perfect, but I don't know of anyone that actually users that type of container in the US. Perhaps I need to make another trip down to the land of the Hobbits. After all I didn't get a chance to visit South Island.

I typically bring my gear to my seat, set it up, and then take whatever bag (or bin if I find one that suits my needs) either to the office or to my car.
That's considerate of you. I take my gear aboard in a mesh backpack, that rolls up very small after emptying it out.

I don't care what you use in cave country, but I sure wish folks would quit bringing large bins onto the boats that don't fit under the benches.

Or the large wheeled gear bags made for international air travel, not meant to be bought onto a crowded boat. Those make me peevish.

I have a mesh duffle bag that goes under my seat. Drysuit bag goes into the cabin. I have a smallish $10 orange plastic dry box from the camping aisle at Walmart for my save a dive kit items. It fits in mesh duffle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom