Collections???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive buddies.

Hard to fit in the luggage but, with a little formaldehyde, last forever.

Sorry...

Actually, I collect coins, dive photos, and have an assortment of dive shop & club stickers on my dive gear cabinet.

hmmmm...that doesn't read right...only the stickers are on my cabinet. (And it's catch and release for the buddies.)

how about old dive gear! I own a dive shop that's been selling gear since the very early 50s I have a collection of gear from old to newer. For me I enjoy the fact that I watched it all develop in my life time. Munch of it happened in my own backyard.

Plus 1 for old gear.

I used to use my fathers depth gauge & dearly wish I hadn't tossed it when it flooded.

Plus 1 for old gear.

I used to use my fathers depth gauge & dearly wish I hadn't tossed it when it flooded.
maybe I could find the same mod. for you I have a list of people looking for vintage gear goggle me in oakland

Dive buddies.

Hard to fit in the luggage but, with a little formaldehyde, last forever...

Have you thought of only keeping the ears? They would fit quite nicely in baby food jars.

On a related note. I once knew a trucker who collected animal skulls. When he saw road kill he would pull over and put the head in a cooler. He then had a cage in the woods that he would put it in to let the bugs pick it clean and then he would bleach them. Sounds gross but it was actually quite a nice looking and unusual display.

Before diving I used to collect rocks from different places - not gems, just stones. After a while word got out and my friends would start bringing me them too. It's cheaper than buying a T shirt. I've got real estate from some very cool places.

Now I collect old dive gear and old dive books. When ever I go to a different place I google the used book stores and plan a little side trip to hit them up. It's a total crap shoot but when I find something I like it makes my day.

I like to have my log book stamped when I travel and photographs of the locals who have become my friends.

maybe I could find the same mod. for you I have a list of people looking for vintage gear goggle me in oakland

Thanks but I tossed it 30 years ago & have no idea of the brand. Just remember it being large with a dome shaped glass bezel & a green wrist strap.

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2013 at 04:04 PM ----------

girls......
catch and release only though...

I started a thread in singles...

So I know many people collect things. I have a small collection of Harley Davidson "dip dots" and "poker chips" from various places I've been around the world. As someone who is very new to the world of scuba, is there anything universally-collectible and tangible that divers try to acquire from the locales they've visited?
This is where you and your friends are in photos from each location, ideal u/w as well as topside.

I still do the log book with signatures, though many don't anymore. As most of my diving is solo, it's still nice to get them when a buddy does occur. Then of course there is my shell collection, but I never buy them, so I don't think that's applicable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom