color rendition with S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogdrjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
Here I have been using the S95 for a few months, both above and below water, and I wondered about the colors being too bright and not acurate, at least with JPEGs. I recently discovered that going to My Colors and setting it to Neutral is MUCH better. I am vacationing in Mexico right now - they like bright colors here, but not as bright as my S95 was making them. It is interesting that my S90 didn't seem to have this minor issue. Some of my underwater shots were pleasingly colorful, but also quite unnatural.

DogDoc-Calibration issues on your monitor could be a partial answer or the brightness level that your camera LCD screen is set at. Did you have " iContrast" turned on? Might try a few shots with & w/out it set to see if that matters. Also, since you mentioned setting "Neutral" in camera's My Colors menu, had it previously been set to "Vivid"? If My Colors had been turned off and "Neutral" solves it, well--problem solved I guess. (To me, most colors look unnatural UW anyway! :eyebrow: ) Color rendition between models can change of course but some sample pics posted when you get home would help, if you still aren't happy with results. // ww

Raw.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom