Colorado Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

My employer is in Colorado Springs and would like me to relocate there. What are my opportunities to dive in that area? Are there any NAUI shops (or even other agency shops) you guys would suggest that would like another instructor/tech diver?

Thanks for any info,
Merlin

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

Let me know when you wanta' do Santa Rosa. Ever done Perch Lake there?

Atticus - you'll be underwhelmed by the opportunities in Colorado. The state web site does list some possibilities, but - well, get ready to fly a lot!

don

:D

Atticus:
My employer is in Colorado Springs and would like me to relocate there. What are my opportunities to dive in that area? Are there any NAUI shops (or even other agency shops) you guys would suggest that would like another instructor/tech diver?

Thanks for any info,
Merlin

There is dry suit/altitude diving, but I like to go to New Mexico to Santa Rosa...there's a fresh water spring, with current, about 90 ft. or so, excellent for keeping up the skills. There is one NAUI shop in town and one PADI shop. I've checked...they're both "full up" on instructors. When I open my shop, I'll give you a call. :wink:

DandyDon:
Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

Let me know when you wanta' do Santa Rosa. Ever done Perch Lake there?

Atticus - you'll be underwhelmed by the opportunities in Colorado. The state web site does list some possibilities, but - well, get ready to fly a lot!

don

:D

I haven't been to Perch Lake...where is it? Anything interesting to see? I heard there was a plane in one of the lakes in CO ~ Do you know anything about that? Planning on going to Santa Rosa the weekend of Aug. 14-15-16...

Atticus:

Thanks for any info,
Merlin

I forgot to say..."Burrrrrr -- Lake Tahoe!" I have always wanted to dive Turquoise Bay -- where the island is... have you ever been there?

I was just at Blue Hole last weekend finishing my OWC. Will probably be going back sometime this summer to get in some practice before our trip to Cabo in Sept.

I believe the plane you are talking about is the Cessna in the Aurora reservoir. From what I've heard it is at about 30' depth in an area of the reservoir reserved for diving. Haven't been there yet.

I know that at least one of the LDS's has monthly trips there as well as Twin Lakes (high altitude) and Chatfield during the summer months.

Glad to see I'm not the only COS diver here!

Make it three Colorado Springs divers.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom