Colorful Fish needing a name!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

POsting the link is fine.

Where'd you take the picture from? Locations are somewhat useful.

I think its a Saddled Blenny - Malacoctenus triangulatus

Sorry About forgetting the background Info :-(

Location Aruba @ 40-60 Ft. Summer of 2004

:06: Also, can anybody recommend a online fish ID database? Preferably without a subscription??

Ahhh, the California Coast, nice Garabaldi :) That were I got certified...Monterey! I went to school down in Riverside, but never got to Catalina. It was was always like "We need to go and dive catalina!" Anyway, warm water diving for me now. Since there is sometimes so little vis. in california do you get a lot of backscatter? I think, I might need to get the strobe sometime. The internal flash I feel does a great job for macro shots, but I need a bit more when it comes to distance. How far does your strobe setup light up?

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/24722

Chad_Ordelheide:
Ahhh, the California Coast, nice Garabaldi :) That were I got certified...Monterey! I went to school down in Riverside, but never got to Catalina. It was was always like "We need to go and dive catalina!" Anyway, warm water diving for me now. Since there is sometimes so little vis. in california do you get a lot of backscatter? I think, I might need to get the strobe sometime. The internal flash I feel does a great job for macro shots, but I need a bit more when it comes to distance. How far does your strobe setup light up?

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/24722

Congradulations! You took a very good pic of a Lemonpeel Angelfish a juvinile according to the brightly marked eyes. this is a spectacular specimen and appears to be quite healthy. This particular angel vari grows to a lenght of 9cm and is sometimes mistaken for its cousin the Clarion Angelfish. I would like to post your pics on our site? www.reefsavers.org please email me if you have any questions divingforlife@cfl.rr.com
once again great job, these guys are difficult to get to pose for the camera.

jlyle:

Almost all divers who want to go back and review the data collected by millions of divers use www.reef.com scroll to the bottom and sign up. its free and they will email you a member number. you can also get free scan data sheets with all the listed specie and invertebrates. Good luck and dive dive dive!

refsavers.org:
Almost all divers who want to go back and review the data collected by millions of divers use www.reef.com scroll to the bottom and sign up. its free and they will email you a member number. you can also get free scan data sheets with all the listed specie and invertebrates. Good luck and dive dive dive!
I think you meant www.reef.org
.com takes you somewhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom