Columbia S. Carolina Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captainkwe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings!
My sister has just moved to Columbia S.C. and has decided to take OW and get her cert as it's something she's always wanted to do and also, so she can dive with the rest of the family. Since I am in Texas and trying to help her out, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for dive shops in/around Columbia SC for a newbie. I found Wateree & Columbia Scuba online. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on these 2 shops or other shops in the area for for a single woman wanting to learn how to dive. Also, I am going to tell her to go to the shops and 'scope' them out and talk to the staff and go with her instincts. Just want to hook my sis up with the very best!
Thanks in advance!

Hello,
Can't speak to the shops in Columbia, you might try posting in the Deep Dixie Divers forum as there are some folks there from columbia.

If your sister doesn't mind driving to Spartanburg (up I26), check out the scuba shop!

The Scuba Shopl

The pictures on the site are of Lake Jocassee!

captainkwe:
Greetings!
My sister has just moved to Columbia S.C. and has decided to take OW and get her cert as it's something she's always wanted to do and also, so she can dive with the rest of the family. Since I am in Texas and trying to help her out, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for dive shops in/around Columbia SC for a newbie. I found Wateree & Columbia Scuba online. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on these 2 shops or other shops in the area for for a single woman wanting to learn how to dive. Also, I am going to tell her to go to the shops and 'scope' them out and talk to the staff and go with her instincts. Just want to hook my sis up with the very best!
Thanks in advance!

Woo Hoo!! More Columbia divers! I live in Columbia, but I did my OW training at Lake Jocassee (about 2.5 hours away). Bill with www.offthewalldiving.com is the BEST in my book -- very skilled, VERY patient, very thorough. Lake Jocassee is a great place to learn - usually has very good viz (for a lake) and interesting things to see. I have been to Columbia Scuba - real nice lady owns the shop, and I'm sure they would do a fine job - they use PADI. Wateree uses SSI, and I know someone who got "trained" from there - can't say, from what he said about their classes, that the training was as good as I would want my sister to get. If she doesn't mind the drive, Bill's the best. Tell her to e-mail me at debbie@jocasseeremembered.com - would love to meet her and help her get acquainted with Columbia :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom