Comal River dive THIS WEEKEND.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBARACER

Reaction score
Who is up for this?

I have never dove this, so someone who would like to plan an entrance and exit point is cool, and I have a truck so I can carry around a bunch of gear :)

Figure we can dive, then all go and eat some food somewhere!

Who is up for this, and meeting somewhere's in San Marcos?

I'm in but I've never been so I would not be the best at planning the route. If nobody else knows where they are going then I could try to find some info though.

I've dove the comal many times......Sundays are my only free dive days. Let me know if you are interisted..

dw

take exit 187 instead of 186.....everything else is the same.

dw

Fun was had by all, scubaracer, zensquirrel, rwarden and I. Some of the nicest freshwater fish( bass, sunny, perch and cat), and girls in tubes that I've seen in a while. A little bit of a hike on land, in your gear, then a nice drift in warm water.

dw

Ahhh yes!

I did the Comal River in 1992 while I lived in SA. Lovely spring fed river....crystal clear!

As I recall we entered from a golf course park area and put in on some steps and drifted down the river and got out a short distance away. I remember the giggling tubers too.

Nice dive, btw. Thanks for the memories.

I scored $0.39 in loot. I knew this scuba thing was going to make me rich! :)

I was really happy with my $0.39 in cold, hard cash until I found the last penny that put me up to my final total. Right after finding it, Deepwater swam over to me. I was about to show it off but he started tapping his right wrist. My first thought was, "Check my gauges/time?!? Ok....nope I'm still fine." He repeated when I signaled "ok" and then I noticed that he had found a practically new, still operational digital watch. Kinda took the thrill out of my penny. He proceeded to drift 16 feet down stream and immediatly pluck a pristene high ball glass off the bottom. Upon further reflection I think he had all this stuff tucked into one of his BC pockets and he would just pull something out and start showing it off when he wanted to make us jealous that he was "finding" things. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom