Comal River Status for Saturday 6/1/13?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaryBDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know the Comal was shut down last Saturday because of the heavy rain. I've wasted the drive to San Marcos in the past just to find it was blown out by a heavy rain with zero vis. Anyone know if it's cleared up since Memorial Day weekend? I'm planning on diving it Sat or Sun with my daughter.

Today the vis varied from 5-10 feet from Himan Island park to the concrete
chute. From after the chute to the last public exit it was zero most of the
time with a few patches you could see a couple of feet.

Last edited:
It sounds like you found it ok Bill. Hopefully, you got in some good diving in spite of the weather.

It was a good day. The quality of the vis was less than was hoped but it was still fun. If your interest is observing wildlife I'd recommend staying away from the Comal until school is back in session. The large number of tubers stirred up lots of silt apparently.

Last edited:
I contributed some silt stirring myself that's for sure.

Thank you to everyone for the information on the Comal. I recently relocated to San Antonio from the mid west and this was one of the few local dive sites I've been able to locate, And I can't wait to go!

As a bit of a side note: can anyone recommend threads I can visit to find other local divers (dive buddies), or dive clubs, meetup groups, web sites or anything else to help a fellow diver. I stopped by Duggan Diving and they said they're working on putting a club together but nothing concrete yet.

I am now very aware of what is meant by the phrase "like a fish out of water"

Grab your gear and come on up to Lake Travis. I'm free this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom