Come And Play In Conception Bay!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian1968

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From May 19th to the 27th we’re headed out from Regina, Saskatchewan to Conception Bay South, Newfoundland to dive the WWII era wrecks off Bell Island. We’ll be flying WestJet from Regina to St. John’s and staying and diving with Ocean Quest Adventure resort (www.oceanquestcharters.com). The folks at Ocean Quest are aces at what they do, and though it’ll be chilly in the water (and maybe out of it), it promises to be a great time in the water and out as well!

We’ve got a good deal on the airfare and will have a group rate at OQ. Any discount I get from organizing the group will be passed on to the group. I'll be paying my way just like everyone else. :)

For more details and answers to your questions please PM me.

Hope you’re there!

Brian

I have details now! All prices are in Canadian $

Anyone who wants to come from elsewhere or, for other reasons, wants to arrange their own flights is welcome! However I will still require $50 to cover the airfare deposit that I have already paid to the airline. The standalone cost of the package at OceanQuest would then be $858.33, taxes included. That's basically paying for the accommodations and diving for free, other than equipment you might want or need to rent. With this arrangement in place we can open it up to more non-diver friends or family.

In the fall of 1942 U-boats torpedoed four iron ore freighters anchored at Bell Island, Newfoundland. The wrecks sit upright and nearly intact in 100 to 150 FSW, with artillery still on their decks and alive with sea life. Conception Bay also has shore-dive sites and the possibility of iceberg and whale encounters. The town of Conception Bay South, on the eastern shore of the bay, is a short drive from many places of interest including St. John’s, North America’s oldest city. From AOW to trimix divers there’s something for everyone. Bubble watchers are welcome! Spaces are limited.

Package: $1856 (Per Person, Taxes Included)
Deposit:$300

Includes:

• Round trip airfare on WestJet (Regina – St. John’s)
  • Accommodations and diving at Ocean Quest Resort (www.oceanquestcharters.com)
  • Includes unlimited use of aluminum 80’s with air.
  • “Doubles” or large capacity steel singles rental and nitrox available at very good rates!
  • Transportation from/to St. John’s Airport and to/from dive boats
  • 8 nights accommodation (double occupancy)
  • 5 days diving (two dives/day with lunch provided)
  • Full service dive shop with Nitrox, Trimix, and Argon on site
  • Full kitchen (stocked with the basics), dining area, large lounge, BBQ, pool
  • Breakfasts at resort
  • TV, high speed Internet (cable and wireless), and bathroom in each room
  • BBQ cruise and “Screech-In”

Deposit is due at time of booking. An additional $947 (airfare) is due by April 1 and the balance is due prior to departure for Newfoundland. Deposit is refundable only if someone fills your spot in the event that you cancel. Extra expenses may include, but are not limited to, meals, nitrox, trimix, deco mixes, argon, equipment rentals, extra charters/tours, extra nights, taxis/car rentals if wanted or needed, transportation to/from Regina Airport, or any flight arrangements you make on your own.

As before, if you have any questions, etc...please PM me. I will get back to you quickly.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom