Come to Okinawa, Japan for World Class Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh I forgot to add that Okinawa has Humpback Whales and they are giving birth to thier calvs right now! A pod of Orca's were also seen late last year. Finally you can dive with Whale Sharks! Stay at the Morimar resort on the beach blocks from the port and Dive with Top Marine only a 5 minute boat ride. It takes longer getting gear on and washing up than the boat ride.
http://www.morimar.com $100 a night
http://www.top-mz.com $115 a dive

Okinawa does have some of the best diving in the world inlcuding Yonaguni (with an o) which some very old structures- due to some new research the date of these is now up in the air but still very very old- they are now being aged at approximately the same time as much of the ancient Egyptian ruins. Also stand by for some more info on ruins found much closer to the main island of Okinawa- as the dives continue and some mapping is done we will be able to open this site soon I hope.
The US military does have 3 dive centers on Okinawa - for exclusive use by US military personnel and those over here supporting them- for others out in town will have to do. English can be a problem when you leave the bases but you can definately get by at most places on Okinawa. There are numerous dive shops and resorts on the island and a few including Reef Encounters (which I own) that cater to English speaking clientele as you move south to Yonaguni this is more rare. Ishigaki has Umicoza and we run trips to Yonaguni and other islands. The diving is definately world class over here and we would like to invite you all out to see it. You can cruise our web page for more info of help arranging a trip, or if you just want to see some cool photos of the area.

(and the first white guy to dive the ruins definately doesn't run a dive shop on a US military base- although it makes a good story)

Doug, head over to the Zen Divers forum and look for the posting by vel525. You got good press and you may be able to assist him. (I was among those give you kudos!) I hope to be back someday - Jeanne:)

Jeanne,

Doug is down south leading tours on the Yonaguni ruins. He sould be back next week. He does not have internet service down on Yonaguni. Jeanne the Humpback whales are here and they are giving birth. You can hear the labor growns even off the sea wall.

I can't wait to check that out. I just got a place down in Chatan-cho and I will try to stop by Reef Encounters next week to meet you guys.

I can't wait to check that out. I just got a place down in Chatan-cho and I will try to stop by Reef Encounters next week to meet you guys.

JEDI, did you link up with Reef Encounters? If not PM me and we can go diving I know where all the great dive sites are on Okinawa.

The cost to fly to Okinawa Japan as low as $922
The Exchange Rate between the US dollar to Japanese Yen $1 = 99.26 Yen
????????? | ??????????? $100 a night $67 for a group of 6 people Morimar Resort is on a white sand beach with pony rides.
?????????????????????????? 130 Yen or $130 a dive two blocks from Morimar Resort all dive gear is provided.
The stories you can tell your dive buddies...

PRICELESS!!!!

Okinawa, Japan does not dynamite fish. However, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Paupa New Guinea do Dynamite Fish. Save the reef come to Okinawa, Japan and see the same underwater creatures as in the afore-mentioned places.

Dove the USS Emmons yesterday which sunk 64 years ago this week by 5 Kamakazi attacks during in Battle of Okinawa. A wreath was laid mid ships to honor the 60 sailors that died on the USS Emmons. The USS Veterans association requested that a battle streamer, US Flag (Ensign), and the commissioning pennant be flown off the boat. Since the pennant was 68 years old great care was taken. Modern US Soldiers, Sailors, Airman, and Marines dove the USS Emmons to honor those of us who served before us that gave the ultimate sacrifice to keep not only our country free, but to help bring liberty to the entire world.

Kudo's to North of Nago and Reef Encounters for doing that.

More of the tribute from North of Nago Boat Charters, Reef Encounters and Katamuki did for our fallen comrades.

Attachments

• n1391565897_338091_4363328.jpg
    n1391565897_338091_4363328.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 93
  • n1391565897_338092_6949538.jpg
    n1391565897_338092_6949538.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 98
  • n1391565897_338093_911091.jpg
    n1391565897_338093_911091.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 93
  • n1391565897_338094_2141337.jpg
    n1391565897_338094_2141337.jpg