Comment on Equipment purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

narked

Reaction score
I am thinking about purhasing this stuff from either LDS or online.
Comment if this set up is good. I am AOW and 200 lb and I dive mainly in cold freshwater.

Mares MR22 Abyss Regulator (1st and 2nd stage)
Halcyon Pioneer 36 with SS backplate
Uwatec bottom timer
Scubapro 7mm semi-dry suit

I already have a Nitek computer.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

All good stuff. If you dive much, the wetsuit will get old and you'll want a drysuit, so I would look at more options there.

MD

Some will tell you to go with Apeks/ScubaPro/Atomic regulators, but that's your choice.

You could probably dive the Halcyon 27lb wing, but plenty of folks will recommend spending the extra $60 to get the 36lb wing.

Narked, I'm in Westlake. What dive shop are you using?? Gone to Sea in N. Olmsted on Lorain Rd. is great if you're on the west side. They're a full-service place and really friendly.

Rich

I seem to be confused. I thought the rule was SS if your diving a dry suit and Aluminum if your diving wet. Somebody correct me. I can't stand the confusion! :confused: btw. I love semi-dry. :) But then I don't do a lot of repetative dives in the cold. Single dives are great though.

I'm not familiar with Mares regs so, I can't comment on those.

Check out the ScubaPro regs, they are outstanding.

Everything else looks great. Halcyon is a great choice. You might want to look into the 27lbs wing instead of the 36lbs.

landlocked once bubbled...
I thought the rule was SS if your diving a dry suit and Aluminum if your diving wet.
you're thinking tanks... double tanks.

As for Narc... you choices look fine. My old Mares MR12 navy regs still work great after all these years.

Cold water diving and I would be looking into dry suits. Heck I use mine all year round and it is not really cold water diving out here - min 13 degress this winter is tropical compared to back home!

I have a SP semi dry - used it about 4 times, loaned it a lot more.

Jonathan

is a good reg. If it looks appealing to you, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom