Comments on Henderson Insta-Dry products?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nynners

New
Reaction score
I have recently been spending a lot of time researching Henderson's Insta-Dry 3mm wetsuit, and found that almost all reviews are great in terms of their instant-dry promise. But when i went to 4 different Dive Shops, none of them carried it except for one (although they could all order it for me) because they said no one ever wants to buy it. What's the deal? all reviews I found are great, but it seems that Dive shop owners believe they're not a great product. I tried one on, and it wasn't as flexible as the Hyperstretch (for obvious reasons). But being a new diver, I don't know if the material will be more flexible and will allow easier movements when underwater or not.

Also, it (3mm Insta Dry) looks thicker than most 3mm, does that mean it's a little bit warmer as well? I want to use it for an upcoming dive to the Blue Hole, as well as use it for wrecks in Wisconsin (water last year was warm).

As for the Insta-Dry boots, i saw a comment that it allowed water in and the zipper isn't very comfortable. But that was one comment. How valid is this complaint? Do you have any recommendation on another boot that does NOT have a zipper?

About the Insta-Dry, what is the general comment on it as WETSUIT and not as an INSTANT-DRY wetsuit? I dont' know if that makes sense, but I'm trying to see how good it is just as a wetsuit on its own without relying on the "instant-dry" feature.

Thank you very much for all the assistance.
-ny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom