Comments on the Mares V16/Epos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zagnut

Reaction score
Do any of you all use this reg? I would appreciate any comments you all have on it. What are it's pros and cons? Anything you all noticed about it that you can't find out from an ad or from looking at it on a shelf at the LDS?

Yes. In fact, I just purchased that exact setup. I've only dived with it once but I'm happy with it so far. The only problem with it is that the mouthpiece is kind of small and is shaped so that your teeth grip it in the front and it's kind of a heavy reg so your jaws get a little tired after awhile. I may have to look into one of those mouthpieces that molds to the shape of your teeth and allows you to grip the mouthpiece with your back teeth instead of your front teeth.

heh, heh... that's kind of funny replying to your own post.

I finally got good use out of my V16/Epos over the weekend while finishing up 3 dives for AOW. Reg was great. Easy breathing the whole way and no free-flow during the deep dive... a few of the titans had that issue... good thing the instructor briefed the issue. Also checked to make sure upside down breathing was okay...

Back
Top Bottom