Commited to learning to dive...but.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For some unknown reason I have had some issues with the gag reflex lately. I've tried an assortment of mouthpieces and they didn't help. The one thing that I have figured out that helps me is that as soon as you feel the gag coming on make yourself cough. Sounds funny but it really works.

Thanks for all the replies. I will have to search for the right mouthpiece to help solve my issue.
Marie13, The AquaLung Confo-bite has an upper palate piece. Did you remove that or it does not bother you?

ScubaMetal, do you have a more specific recommendation on a brand and model of "winged" mouth pieces?

My LDS sells the winged mouthpieces in little unmarked plastic bags. The brand might be Trident but I'm not sure. I did see an Aqualung octo once with that mouthpiece on it but maybe it was customized. Brand isn't too important, if you find that type of mouthpiece as long as it isn't some crummy material you'll be good to go.

I am not sure what you mean by "winged" mouthpiece, but Aqualung does put Comfobite only on the primary. The Octo mouthpiece is different.
I also used a Rite Bite for many years, until I got my Legend and never got around to changing out the Comfobite. Turns out I like the Comfobite.
Rite Bite Mouthpiece - Clear Small Over Bite

I’ve had the Comfobite put on regs that didn’t come with it (like my original octo). I won’t dive without it.

Back
Top Bottom