Complete (unofficial) Dutch Springs map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

max_p:
To find 2 dumped cars:
from the chevy car take a 345 deg heading. In about 7 min you should see South wall. At that point the wall slitely bulges towards you. 2 dumped cars are to the right at about 50-60Ft depth by the base of the wall. Hope it helps.

Max P

Max,

When you say the chevy do you mean the buoyed car at 90 feet that is slightly south of the trolley? Just wondering because a 345 from there would take you towards the water park. Sean326 and I ran into a van at about 60' on the south wall and I'm thinking that was one of the ones you marked. Ledgend has it that there is a pile of a few cars somewhere on in the western part of the lake. Which leads me to 1 reason dutch probably doesn't want this map to exist--Part of the west side is not their property. I've actually surfaced 2 times way down in the cove (through no fault of my own!!!) and did not get yelled at, but I have heard that they can get uptight about it. A word of caution...I have seen rockslides in the southwest corner as a result of the construction. So if you're down there and hear a splash you'd better swim north in a hurry!

FrankF:
Max,

When you say the chevy do you mean the buoyed car at 90 feet that is slightly south of the trolley?
Just wondering because a 345 from there would take you towards the water park. Sean326 and I ran into a van at about 60' on the south wall and I'm thinking that was one of the ones you marked.
Ledgend has it that there is a pile of a few cars somewhere on in the western part of the lake.
A word of caution...I have seen rockslides in the southwest corner as a result of the construction!
When I say chevy I meen the buoyed car at 90 feet that is slightly south of the trolley.
When I say 345 I actually meen 165 [stupid dislexia :eek:)] or almoust south...
None of the 2 cars we seen was a van. Both were american sedans i think 2 and 4 doors.
I think these 2 cars we have seen IS your "legendery pile of cars"
Would you be kind enough to provide directions to the Van you found? or mark it up on the map?
Rock slides, hmmm, may be will hold on my explorations of the south wall for a bit

I have a bunch of headings in my dive book from when I did OW and AOW, etc. Mostly standard stuff, Crane to Helicopter, to Island, etc. Also, I am goin' up next weekend and I could get some more. My son's gotta do another night dive to get night diver specialty... Hope this works out as my son and I get season passes every year to Dutch and it could be helpfull.... Also, many of us would be willin' to donate a couple of bucks for info like this... Thanks.... Raff

P.S. I will try to check dive book in the next few days for those headings... Maybe I will put it in a spread sheet so it will be easy to add to and/or verify by others...

P.S.S. mmm... maybe someone would let us use a boat to bring handheld GPS out to different stuff and get coordinates. Then I am sure there is a program out there that could easily give us any headings we would want...

My goal is to photograph those cars.. but the viz now sucks, I think we will do it later in the year or in the spring when the viz is 70+.

of course, I will post the pics in the gallery as usual.

A group of us from Upstate New York are planning a dry suit weekend at Dutch ths Nov. We could verify some of the map (whatever is completed then) for you. Or try to fill in any questions. always willing to help a good cause

Well I was there this weekend but with all of the BSing with everyone, I never did get a chance to pull out the laptop or take any bearings to any of the know attractions to add them to the map I have started.

Yes it has basically stalled. I have not been back to Dutch since that weekend. If anyone is interested in helping out, please take some bearings and post them here. The best way would be to swim out to the mooring ball and then take 2 or 3 bearings back to fixed points on land like the watchtowers/shacks that the staff uses, I can then use that info to plot the actual locations on the overhead photo.

Thansk,
Ben

TTSkipper:
Yes it has basically stalled. I have not been back to Dutch since that weekend. If anyone is interested in helping out, please take some bearings and post them here. The best way would be to swim out to the mooring ball and then take 2 or 3 bearings back to fixed points on land like the watchtowers/shacks that the staff uses, I can then use that info to plot the actual locations on the overhead photo.

Thansk,
Ben

A group of us are going this weekend (10/13 & 14) Are there any specific objects you need or all of them? We will try to get some info for you.

Back
Top Bottom