Completed PADI Advanced Diver Cert - no cert card ever received

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesinclair

Reaction score
Hello,

I completed the PADI Advanced Diver certification approximately 3 years ago in Roatan with a dive shop there called Happy Divers. I was told that my divemaster would have to find out how to send in the certification paper work because there was a problem with the PADI Advanced Diver certification book that I bought for the course, They told me that there was supposed to be some kind of certification card in the book that I purchased and that the divemaster was supposed to send in. My divemaster left the island for work in Utila almost immediately after I completed the course and I never got my cert card.

The only information I have is that the divemaster's name was Leo and he worked for Happy Divers in Roatan.

If anyone has any information that can help me get my cert. card, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much!

First, NO PADI manual contains certification card materials, the instructor is required to use a PIC (ordered separately) which they should definitely know. There is nothing wrong with your manual, just their heads.

Second, make sure that you took the course under an instructor, not divemaster, because Instructors are the only ones with the authority to sign off on those dives.

Third, I would suggest contacting PADI at 1800-729-7234...They will take care of you...

Also, you should have gotten a temporary card which you could send into PADI and they will process it...I hope this helps

Hello,

I completed the PADI Advanced Diver certification approximately 3 years ago in Roatan with a dive shop there called Happy Divers. I was told that my divemaster would have to find out how to send in the certification paper work because there was a problem with the PADI Advanced Diver certification book that I bought for the course, They told me that there was supposed to be some kind of certification card in the book that I purchased and that the divemaster was supposed to send in. My divemaster left the island for work in Utila almost immediately after I completed the course and I never got my cert card.

The only information I have is that the divemaster's name was Leo and he worked for Happy Divers in Roatan.

If anyone has any information that can help me get my cert. card, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much!

Did the "instructor" sign off the 5 dives in your training log book? If he/she did then you have their instructor #..Calling PADI and saying some guy named Leo is not going to go too far.You may be out of luck on this one. Is Happy Divers in Roatan a PADI facility? All this was done 3 years ago,and now you wonder where the card is??

Hello,

I completed the PADI Advanced Diver certification approximately 3 years ago in Roatan with a dive shop there called Happy Divers. I was told that my divemaster would have to find out how to send in the certification paper work because there was a problem with the PADI Advanced Diver certification book that I bought for the course, They told me that there was supposed t

All I could find of Happy Divers in Google is a picture from 2006 (can't find an email or website or phone #).

Unless you have your logbook or other paperwork signed by the instructor, or can somehow contact Happy Divers and they have something, I'm guessing you're out of luck.

Terry

happy_divers.JPG

happy-divers.html

Let me guess, you haven't dove since then and now you want to dive again so you're wondering where your card from 3 years ago is?

All I could find of Happy Divers in Google is a picture from 2006 (can't find an email or website or phone #).

Unless you have your logbook or other paperwork signed by the instructor, or can somehow contact Happy Divers and they have something, I'm guessing you're out of luck.

Terry

happy_divers.JPG

happy-divers.html

Judging by the construction characteristics of that building I would guess they turned turtle immediately after Hurricane Felix in 2007. :)

Judging by the construction characteristics of that building I would guess they turned turtle immediately after Hurricane Felix in 2007. :)

What? Do you mean to tell me that 1/4" paneling and a sheet of plywood isn't hurricaine proof? :D

I feel bad for the guys, but yeah, they're probably gone.

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom