Completed PADI Advanced Diver Cert - no cert card ever received

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely incorrect and not a helpful response.

I live and dive offshore in Palm Beach weekly on a reef research team.

Your sarcasm is noted and very unprofessional.

Again, let me thank those of you who responded to my question with helpful information. But to the rest of you, let me just say I am appalled at the lack of professionalism that you display. Just because you may or may not be experienced divers does not preclude you from the responsibility to your fellow divers to be courteous and sincere in your responses. It is no one's business why it has been three years since I did the Advanced Diver certification and am now asking questions about the cert card. It might just possibly be that I had other much more pressing issues to deal with. Moreover, Happy Divers is owned by a man who is a very decent fellow and I found them to be very personable as well as good dive instructors. Your comments about the building itself and regarding why it has been three years show you to be the quintessential "ugly Americans" - wherein you fit very well with the description of that term as arrogant, demeaning, thoughtless and ethnocentric.

And then there were the others with snide and sarcastic remarks about the length of time it had taken and the condition of the dive shack..

For some reason I thought divers would be a generally more enlightened group of people. Needless to say, I have changed my mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
jesinclair,

If you PM me your full name and date of birth,I can check for you with PADI,if you where ever certified

Again, let me thank those of you who responded to my question with helpful information. But to the rest of you, let me just say I am appalled at the lack of professionalism that you display. Just because you may or may not be experienced divers does not preclude you from the responsibility to your fellow divers to be courteous and sincere in your responses. It is no one's business why it has been three years since I did the Advanced Diver certification and am now asking questions about the cert card. It might just possibly be that I had other much more pressing issues to deal with. Moreover, Happy Divers is owned by a man who is a very decent fellow and I found them to be very personable as well as good dive instructors. Your comments about the building itself and regarding why it has been three years show you to be the quintessential "ugly Americans" - wherein you fit very well with the description of that term as arrogant, demeaning, thoughtless and ethnocentric.

Below the comments from "keithdiver", one of the worst of you:

"WHY WOULD YOU RATE 3YEARS TO INQUIRE ABOUT THIS? WHY DIDN;T YOU DO IT WITHIN 2MONTHS AGTER YOU GOT HOME FROM THAT DUMP?

GROW UP, TAKE YOUR CRITISM LIKE A MAN, LIKE WE ALL DO, it is not my fault that you wait 3 years to inquire about a cert card."

And then there were the others with snide and sarcastic remarks about the length of time it had taken and the condition of the dive shack..

For some reason I thought divers would be a generally more enlightened group of people. Needless to say, I have changed my mind...

Most comments from posters using sarcasm are good natured and meant to liven up discussions. I am sure the owner is a fine human being judging by his signage. I would lighten-up a bit and read Cave Diver's signature. What dosen't kill you makes you stronger most of the time. Regular participation on the board will defiantly toughen one up...

P.S. I just reread the thread and alot of what you quoted had never been said...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...111-glowsticks-night-dives-8.html#post4786423

Sounds like someone had their Wheaties peed in. Said in good fun with true professionalism (no words misspelled- Firefox said so.)

Thread closed at the OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom