Computer Anti-virus Protection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure, linux dont support all of it either, but atleast it runs the same HARDWARE...
:confused:

My Macbook currently runs XP and Ubuntu, in addition to OSX.

The flipside of "Macs don't do PC stuff" is that I rely a lot on Logic Express which is Mac-only. Upgrading soon to Logic Studio (with Logic Pro 8, etc.). :cool:

For Anti-Spyware...Microsoft's Windows Defender is free
Free, yes, but unfortunately its just not that great. Spybot is a lot better at doing what its supposed to do, IMO. YMMV (but probably not). :D

John

:confused:

My Macbook currently runs XP and Ubuntu, in addition to OSX.

The flipside of "Macs don't do PC stuff" is that I rely a lot on Logic Express which is Mac-only. Upgrading soon to Logic Studio (with Logic Pro 8, etc.). :cool:
Well, the actual cause for the "PC-only" and "MAC-only" stuff is ancient history, but yeah, the result is that the two systems aint compatible. (without doing things thats above the casual user level)

<continuing the threadjack>

... but yeah, the result is that the two systems aint compatible. (without doing things thats above the casual user level)
Anyone who can install XP and Windows drivers can install boot camp and XP and Windows drivers. Even easier -- if that's possible -- starting next month with Leopard with Boot Camp built in. And Parallels with coherence mode just plain rocks.

Heck, I'm a Unix and PC guy at heart, I only really got hooked on OSX when my band started using Logic to lay down tracks for a demo disk. If you haven't driven a Mac recently it might not be anything like you remember it used to be. (And it doesn't hurt that its BSD under the hood, either. :cool:)

John

<continuing the threadjack>

Anyone who can install XP and Windows drivers can install boot camp and XP and Windows drivers. Even easier -- if that's possible -- starting next month with Leopard with Boot Camp built in. And Parallels with coherence mode just plain rocks.

Heck, I'm a Unix and PC guy at heart, I only really got hooked on OSX when my band started using Logic to lay down tracks for a demo disk. If you haven't driven a Mac recently it might not be anything like you remember it used to be. (And it doesn't hurt that its BSD under the hood, either. :cool:)

John

Amen brother! Since I took the gateway drug "Mac Mini" I've never looked back! These babies are sooo much faster than any windows platform I've ever owned...

Free antivirus software download

I've been using avast for a few years now and haven't had any problems. I'm sure there are a few different ones out there but watch what you d/l. I'm sure others will pipe in with suggestions also. :coffee:

I agree. I changed to this when Norton expired and haven't had any problems.

T.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom