Computer knocking me out of Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry bud - I eliminated all restrictions on IE and it's still doing it.

Have I ever mentioned that I HATE microsoft? :bounce:

Yeah, I changed my settings to allow the cookies and I also double clicked on the privacy report and added the sites that are on the list (ad sites, I think) to my "always accept cookies" list. This didn't work either.

There may be some kind of DNS problem, but I'd have to see YOUR MACHINE at the time it happens to know for certain - as it could be specific to certain nameservers.

I haven't had any trouble, but it IS possible. Particularly with XP - once it "learns" of bad DNS information, it will hold it until it either expires, you turn off the machine, or explicitly clear the DNS resolver cache from the DOS command line.

DNS info is communicated before it starts loading the page. I'm getting the error pop up with the page is almost 100% complete.

Hmmm.. so you have the rest of the page up? If so, you shouldn't get a different screen!

That's pretty bizarre stuff, unless there's some kind of embedded scripting that has to be there for the page to load correctly (and its not loading for some reason.)

Back
Top Bottom