• Suunto

Votes: 114 42.1%
  • Uwatec

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 33 12.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've really liked my Oceanic Data Plus II. It's a lot of computer for the money. However, I haven't been able to dive with it nearly as much as I'd like. All my dive buddies think it's too cold here to dive in the "winter"

I dive a Cochran Gemini Plus Nitrox. IMHO i think it is one of the very best out there, not that the others are bad but just that this one is very good.

Narced_1 :jester:

Originally posted by tholt576
All my dive buddies think it's too cold here to dive in the "winter"
Never! (Have you seen *my new undies*?)

We went out today and saw a giant pacific octopus brooding her eggs... some where out there past the tree line....

Up until recently I used a very popular make "The SAA OPEN WATER INSTRUCTOR" Not exactly the most compact of computers, but reliable. Moved on now and actually use the grey thingy tween my ears (nearly typed arse then!!) and a slate.
I am however seriously considering an air integrated Suunto Cobra - bit of a no brainer but saves me having to do sums!!!!

:stupid:

For everyday reef cruising I use a Diverite B'air, pretty conservative but still plenty of time for what I need. Hey Fredk, I traded and old us diver m1 in for the Aeris Savant upgrade, I took it in the water a few days ago for a test dive and it shut off on me halfway thru the dive. Any suggestions?

My brain is good but it’s not a computer, its more a slide ruler.

I am a believer in tables though

I use two OMS bottom timers, with a dive profile written on my slate. on the same slate I have two bailout profiles.

I then keep a set of tables relative to the dive I am doing in my pocket.

I have just received the OMSD VR3, which is a great computer for mixed gas diving. It accepts 10 gas mixes, switch able and programmable on the fly, is down loadable, etc, etc.

I see this a great tool to back up all of the above in the many potential variables involved in deep mixed gas diving. I also see it as a good tool for doing those shallow [150ft] wrecks, were you have brought lots of gas and you are exploring the unknown so time and depth can be varied to a degree.

I also use my trusty US Divers Monitor II for recreational and reef diving, or any dives I would do using just air

Back
Top Bottom