Do you wear a dive watch? (not computer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still have a few but don’t wear them anymore, bottom one is the only one that hasn’t been diving yet but it will
IMG_9817.jpeg

Should get rid of them.

I have a gold Rolex Submariner that has never been taught to dive. I wear a AWU that similarly does not dive. Their Shearwater brethren do that instead.

When I started diving I used a g shock, tables and depth gauge. Now I bring the G shock if I need to time myself for my sac rate.

Wow, this Ploprof is stunning!
it's pretty cool. I have since put a new crystal and NOS bezel and bezel button on it (along with a service) but no case polishing or anything (and kept the old ones of course)

I love Swiss watches with automatic movements. Love the craftsmanship.

View attachment 839186
Same, intellectually I know that many Japan made auto's are just as good or better but for some reason I prefer swiss autos.

Literally the ones I have scattered on my desk as I write this and the one I had on wrist.

1000015197.jpg

I wear an Apeks 500M on a NATO strap that has been absolutely bulletproof, with a story behind it. When I worked on a liveaboard we had an elderly gentleman die while diving. I had to do the body recovery. His son told us that it was not worth shipping his effects home and that we the crew were welcome to his dive gear. I ended up with the old gent's watch, and like to think that a small part of him is accompanying me on my adventures.

I am the opposite, I use my Garmin mk2 as my regular daily watch. I like that it tracks all my above water workouts, as well as the dives. It is also very useful to get my phone notifications on my watch. I wore a vivoactive before I started diving, so the mk2 was a logical choice when I wanted to buy my own computer. The only downside is it is a bit large, but I have gotten used to it. I have a leather band that I swap out for the plastic one when I dive.

I remember reading Skin Diver Magazine over 50 years ago as a college student and promising myself that one day I’d own one of those Rolex Submariners that was selling at the time for a princely $150.00. Then life got in the way and the price of a Rolex went up steeply. I could buy one now if I took out a third mortgage on the house! 😳🤑
Oh well, I guess I’ll have Hurley replace the 3 batteries my Citizen Aqualand Pro Master requires... I’ll only have to survive on beans and biscuits for a couple of weeks to afford that. 🤔🙄
Froggie 🐸

Back
Top Bottom