Computer uploadable online dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

impilcature

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for an in depth solution for logging dives online. I have the SUUNTO Cobra and would like to be able to upload from the computer to the online program. The suunto program that comes with the cobra has the abiltity to be uploaded online through SUUNTO but has yet to work over the past month. The program itself leaves a lot to be desired. The closest I have come is Divinglog 5.0 but it is just a trial and it is not online and requires payment. There are a few interesting projects that were created and abondoned still on the web. Here are my wants:

Free
Upload from dive computer
attach photos/videos
graph dives
add gear to logs
intuitive/smooth gui

Below are the apps I have found that meet some of these criteria but none of them seem to have all of the functions I am looking for. If anyone out there uses something different (esp if it meets the above requirements) please let me know.

Name: Sharkpoint
Platform: multi
Product info: SharkPoint, your computer scuba dive logbook software

Name: Divinglog 5.0
Platform: Windows
product info: Diving Log 5.0 - Scuba Log, Scuba Logbook, Dive Log, Divelog - Logbook software for scuba diving - Logbuch Software zum Tauchen

Name: Ultimate Dive Log
Platform: Online
Product info: Ultimate Dive Log - Online Scuba Diving Logbook

Name: Dive Login
Product Info: Dive Login | Free Online Dive Log Book and Dive Site Map!

Name: DiveRecord
Product Info: Welcome to DiveRecord.com

Name: Internet Dive Log
Platform: online/windows
Product Info: Internet Dive Log

Name: Scubase
Platform: windows
Product Info: Scubase Tour - Exploring Dives

Name: Travel Diver
Platform: online
Product Info: TravelDiver

Sources: Google, Scuba Duba: Scuba Diving Computer Software,

Hi

In Diving Log you can use all features in trial mode, including synchronizing with several online logbooks. Here you can see all available online logbook features. In the current beta you will also find a HTML export and Dropbox sync not yet listed on the site above. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Sven

Thanks for the update Sven. You have a really nice product in the Diving Log 5.0 but I am a linux user and with that if you offered you product as an online app I would purchase a full liscense today. Since I migrate from computer to computer and re-image monthly the only thing I could put you program on for a length of time is a server and my servers don't run this types of apps (for safety and stability reasons).

Please look in to hosting your application as a cloud app. I think it would be very popular.

I have signed up for the yourdivebook.com to give it a try. don't know how I missed that one. thanks.

For Linux the only application would be JDiveLog, but it is not a cloud app and cannot upload to online logbooks. The problem with cloud apps is that they are very limited and cannot download dives from computers.

I would recommend a Uemis Zurich dive computer for you, because it is the only computer which can transfer dives directly to an online logbook. The upload works via a Java applet stored on the computer and can be run in any browser. The downside is that your dives are limited to their online logbook, because there is currently no way to get your old dives into the logbook or your Uemis dives out of their logbook when you ever want to backup them offline or switch to another computer.

For Linux the only application would be JDiveLog, but it is not a cloud app and cannot upload to online logbooks. The problem with cloud apps is that they are very limited and cannot download dives from computers.

I just installed JDiveLog, it has some things to be desired, but overall I think it takes care of my needs.

I am a Linux user also, will probably install WINE to see if any of the other apps work. Just to be able to compare them. I would really like to see a nice Android app that syncs to the dive computer and pc.

you can export the dives to html files, so you can upload them on any web site

If the computer manufacturer releases the information about how their programs read the computer and if it can be exported from the crappy pc programs that come with the computers why can't an online dive logging application be altered to accept the information from the export of the manufacturer's data?

If I could get a clear description of the problem I could start adding my two cents/contrubutions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom