Computer uploadable online dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would bet a lot that they keep their software archaic and retarded like in any business.

I don't know how it works exactly but I imagine it would be in the types of a random type of file that you need to open with an HEX editor and have fun finding out what data is what.

It's not hard if you have the original knowledge of what goes where, but without it, it's trial and error and SERIOUSLY a pain in the ass.

Sidenote:

I have a 1ghz dual-core iPhone with LED and loads of features, and it costs 700$ retail.

Don't tell me Suunto, Uwatec and others can't have something decent for 900$
I would love to have colored screen UW Computer :p

But I'm a geek and it's obviously not the topic of this thread.

----------------------
BTW: The Uemis Zurich is a sweet computer w/ color display

Oh well, I did try to install it. Installed .net2.0 with winetricks and it froze up after selecting the installation directory. Is there anything else that might be needed to get it to work on WINE?

I'll send you a PM with some things you can try, but I have not much hope that it run's in WINE. It is probably much easier to run it on Windows in VirtualBox.

I'll send you a PM with some things you can try, but I have not much hope that it run's in WINE. It is probably much easier to run it on Windows in VirtualBox.

Ok, the program loads, used winetricks to install MDAC, Jet, gdiplus and already had .net2.0. And I think .net3.5 for the viewer.
Still have some unhandled exceptions, could be an easy fix on either end, the most common one was an 'object reference not set to an instance'.

Can't test all features but it seems like I can't edit some fields. Also is there a logbook example that I can download?
Here is a screenshot of how it looks running on the Ubuntu 10.04(beta):

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.png
    Screenshot-1.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 123
Ultimate Dive Log is my website, it's still very much alive and kicking :wink:.
It allows for any profile you want to go with a dive (depth, temperature, tankpressure, pO2...)
It stores dive gear usage with each dive (and shows you in a report how often you have used a piece of kit, including cost per dive and per hour)
You can add photo's to your dive (video is not supported, I don't have enough disk at my server, although I'm thinking of adding some kind of youtube / vimeo links)

It will support exported files from Suunto dive manager 1.6 to 3.x
But it does not do direct readout from a dive computer......

Back
Top Bottom