Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do we need to ask "What problem is trying to be solved"? Are you trying to be a sneaky bastard?

I trust my buddy to read her gauge. BUT: I do not trust my buddy to proactively read my mind and signal her gas pressure before I get curious. So a "public" exchange of gas levels is highly beneficial.

I actually claim that sneaky reading of your buddies gas may be a bad thing? It may allow 1 member of the team to become complacent?

We (ir)regularly exchange gas readings. The exchange is a 2 way communication. At the exchange point, both of us fully understand each others gas reading. I know her gas and my gas, she knows my gas and her gas.

Just like to keep an eye on my wife. She always has better gas consumption too. Having that information cant hurt either, as if there was a problem a second set of eyes may catch it sooner. I know she watches her own gas very well, but it also lets me verify it many more times with out having to ask. Its no replacement to asking, but instead of verifying 2-3 times during the dive, I probably check it every minute or two as its right on my wrist.

I purchased a used Lynx with 2 transmitters here on SB and love it!

Back
Top Bottom