computers & tables: split from ow vs aow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keysdrifter454:
What depth is that rule good to, I wonder?

I think most dive puters will give you a violation if you exceed NDL and not allwow you to dive for 12 or 24 hrs? Isn't that right? That's just one of the advantages of diving with a puter, I think.

oops! shoulda noticed the time.

Christi:
Now YOU'RE kidding right?

1. I am sure it was pulled because it was nothing but a smear campaign on your part. You kept making the same statements over, and over, and over and over again with nothing to substantiate your accusations. The statments that were true are disclosed on LP's website...no no harm, no foul on their part.

2. NetDoc is the sole owner of this board, he can do whatever he pleases with threads.

3. The moderators have the discretionary power to pull threads they feel are inappropriate, libelous, irrelevant, or other to this discussion board.

4. Which moderator? Several were posting on the thread, warning you to tone down your smear campaign. Were you not paying attention?

A list of moderators can easily be found on this board. I'll give you the same suggestion you gave to numerous others in that thread...do a little checking, they're easy to find and contact.

Please check the time of that post. That was posted BEFORE I started the thread on Leisure Pro. Incidently, why would you bring up a closed subject that infects this thread? That issue is over and I have moved on. You might want to think about that too? Let NetDoc do as he wishes with his site. I have no problem with that.

So, what do you think about carrying a spare spg in your dive bag?

Keysdrifter454:
That's english for "blowing off deco".

Either you needed the ten minutes or you didn't.

You obviously need to learn English.

He didn't need the extra 10 minutes. I ran his profile through v-planner and he gets out a few mins later than when v-planner would have pulled him out of the water.

He blew off additional conservativism in his deco plan, which is an individual judgement call.

pilot fish:
I think most dive puters will give you a violation if you exceed NDL and not allwow you to dive for 12 or 24 hrs? Isn't that right? That's just one of the advantages of diving with a puter, I think.
I don't know of ANY computers that will lock you out for exceeding NDL, provided you do the required decompression stops on the way back up.

Most computers WILL lock you out if you omit required deco. By lockout, most computers mean that they will go into a gauge mode with just depth and time, but no decompression calculations since you are outside the limits of the models. Very few, if any computers will stop displaying depth and time, even if you are foolish enough to dive with them again during the 24 hour lockout period (which will probably be extended another 24 hours).

Reading the dive computer manuals is highly recommended. :crafty:

Charlie99:
I don't know of ANY computers that will lock you out for exceeding NDL, provided you do the required decompression stops on the way back up.

Most computers WILL lock you out if you omit required deco. By lockout, most computers mean that they will go into a gauge mode with just depth and time, but no decompression calculations since you are outside the limits of the models. Very few, if any computers will stop displaying depth and time, even if you are foolish enough to dive with them again during the 24 hour lockout period (which will probably be extended another 24 hours).

Reading the dive computer manuals is highly recommended. :crafty:

Yes, you are correct. If you are foolish enough to not do decompression stops when you exceed NDL's, it will go into gauge mode and not give any further calculations. That is what I meant when I said "lock you out " You get what is called a "Permanent Violation" and all decompression and oxygn monitoring is lost for 24 hours. A surface interval of 24 hours must be served before all functions are restored.

lamont:
You obviously need to learn English.

He didn't need the extra 10 minutes. I ran his profile through v-planner and he gets out a few mins later than when v-planner would have pulled him out of the water.

He blew off additional conservativism in his deco plan, which is an individual judgement call.

LOL

Yep, and what's even better, you probably knew that before you punched it in!

Good call Lamont.

Pretty much any deco software you care to use, would leave you easily 5 minutes or so, either side of this plan, depending upon your parameters. There simply is not a specific to-the-minute number.....as much as folks search for one.

Again, good post Lamont (and) Kelvyn earlier, for pointing this out.

Keysdrifter, I always thought you took being argumentative to a new level, you're really taking the biscuit now though...

Not sure if I should dive into this thread, but here I go! (be easy on me I'm a newbie!)

For those worried about dive computers failing, I don't see what the big deal is, just surface if it fails? For recreational diving, though maybe not ideal, shouldn't you always be safe surfacing (no mandatory Deco stops) at the first hint of computer problems?

If you're diving your plan, shouldn't you always have plenty of air for a safe ascent and safety stops?

Worst case is your computer fails and then during your ascent, unknownst to you, an air leak / problem arises, at which point you still have your buddy.

I don't see any problem using tables to plan your dive, and a computer to dive your plan, and aborting the dive if you have a computer problem.

Aren't you just risking some bottom time not having backup to computer failures?

Thanks!
Jason

JasonH20:
Not sure if I should dive into this thread, but here I go! (be easy on me I'm a newbie!)

For those worried about dive computers failing, I don't see what the big deal is, just surface if it fails? For recreational diving, though maybe not ideal, shouldn't you always be safe surfacing (no mandatory Deco stops) at the first hint of computer problems?

If you're diving your plan, shouldn't you always have plenty of air for a safe ascent and safety stops?

Worst case is your computer fails and then during your ascent, unknownst to you, an air leak / problem arises, at which point you still have your buddy.

I don't see any problem using tables to plan your dive, and a computer to dive your plan, and aborting the dive if you have a computer problem.

Aren't you just risking some bottom time not having backup to computer failures?

Thanks!
Jason

Mainly, Jason, it was air intergrated, AI, puters and either getting a backup puter or and spg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom