Concatenated Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBoard is a huge site. What you see as picayune and only affecting you, really can add up to significant problems board wide. There are a number of policies such as concatenation that put in place to keep things manageable. Bumping of posts has been a major headache and trying to keep up with which one is valid and which one is not, is nearly impossible. While a few will always look at anything we do in a negative light, ask yourself how we got to be so big? Apparently, these decisions and limitations make the place overall better than the other Scuba Forums out there. I can assure you that we aren't out to squash your fun, but to make ScubaBoard fun for EVERYONE. That's a full time job for two of us.

The site does run faster these days, and if that is due to concatenation, then it is a small price to pay.

Most have discovered how to bypass concatenation if they desire to, so it really isn't a "big" issue.

I thought it was shown early on that this feature does NOTHING to solve thread bumping.

But if it keeps the database smaller and faster, then it makes sense. And I think those who posted that changes are made to "squash our fun" were just teasing.

Happy Diving this weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom