Concatenated Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SC_Hoaty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
One of the recent board changes made it so that if a user posts in a thread twice in a row, that the two posts concatenate - that is one is added to the end of the earlier one.

Some folks have noted that when one of the multiple posts is "liked," it is impossible to determine if it was the first, second, (third,....) or all of them.

This is not a problem - just a nuisance to a minority of users.

Are there benefits to ScubaBoard for implementing this feature? (Faster searches, less storage space, ...???)

Would consideration be given to disabling this feature?

Thanks!

It also makes it difficult to snipe in the MOF/NMOF thread. :popcorn: :D

It also makes it difficult to snipe in the MOF/NMOF thread. :popcorn: :D

Talk about inconvenient!

But seriously, I would like to hear from the staff in an honest and sincere manner. I would rather this not end up in Whine and Cheeze. Thanks!

I am not a fan.

I thought it was a little weird at first, but tend to agree with dfx ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think it makes multiple consecutive posts by the same person easier to read.

I thought it was a little weird at first, but tend to agree with dfx ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It does make multiple consecutive posts easier to read but I have found myself in a position where I liked the first post, then the person posted a couple of others and to the onlooker, it appeared as though I liked all of the posts when in fact I disagreed with the remaining. So I see that as a bit of an issue but in the end, it'll pass.

IMHO it's slightly annoying to read the same post multiple times. You have to read the whole set of posts over again and manually try to remember which parts you've already read and which parts you haven't. It's an annoyance, although not a huge one.

Last edited:
Howard will have to provide the definitive answer but a couple of thoughts come to mind.

1. It eliminates thread bumping in the classifieds. (Everywhere actually, but it's most annoying there)
2. Reducing the total number of posts will make the databases & searches faster.
3. If you're the only one posting then sniping a post number is a bit of a dubious achievement at best.

It does make multiple consecutive posts easier to read but I have found myself in a position where I liked the first post, then the person posted a couple of others and to the onlooker, it appeared as though I liked all of the posts when in fact I disagreed with the remaining. So I see that as a bit of an issue but in the end, it'll pass.

I can see how those participating in the "like" game are at a disadvantage here. But since I don't do "like" (it reeks too much of Fecesbook), I don't care and enjoy the benefits instead :clown:

Back
Top Bottom