Concerns about moderating policies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW: It say 'Staff Member' under your pic, are you actually being paid by Pete to write your posts?

... the question is moronic ... :troll:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bottom line:. By the TOS, some personal attacks are strictly prohibited and others are acceptable. You just have to know how to write them.:shakehead:

That is quite true ... there's an art to insulting someone without actually coming right out and saying so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I don't like your phoniness and that you put spin on everthing to make your point.
Ok, I'm done with this, Pete is going to weazel himself out of every direct question anyway.

I agree with the Mods now, Pete is not a phony, Storker is a genius that knows what he is talking about and John is a totally fair guy and an expert when it comes to teaching.

Some folks enjoy insulting people and then bitching when they get slapped for it.

Personally I think you should come join us in The Pub, where you can play with kindred spirits ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Personally I don't think calling someone something that doesn't include a "curse word" should be moderated at all.

I don't have an issue with curse words, but in a scuba related discussion, I don't see the need to call someone something at all. If you can't get your point across without calling people names, perhaps the point isn't worth making.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You really should be able to do better. As sarcasm goes, that's pretty weak sauce.

... sarcasm takes intellect ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Getting back to the original "moron" comment that set this off, here is a different comparison:

Calling someone a moron for having a speargun fish hunting accident when we don't know the circumstances, (just because ANYBODY that has an accident is a moron because training magically prevents all accidents with spearguns) is using a cattle prod in conversation.

Calling someone a moron for having a nail gun fish hunting accident, (because they wanted to hunt tiny fish), is not going to stand out among all the other people piling on the insults.

Could the take on this be, limit the name calling to illegal, uncertified equipment and actions?

The problem with that is that some people really are morons ... and I've seen several examples of things people did underwater that could accurately be described as moronic ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Why would anyone want to be a Moderator anywhere and bear the Awesome responsibility of the Interlocution Justice League?

It's a thankless job ... but according to some, the pay is pretty good ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Don't waste your time. For people that don't know anything about cave and deco diving, the thread would be rather hard to follow.

Speaking strictly for me, I'm having a hard time following ... and I've got plenty of cave and/or deco dives.

Sure is entertaining through ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

There are more entertaining ways to insult actions and people than just calling names and it is a talent to be able to do it so they don't realize they were insulted until days later.

... that's the most intelligent post in this whole thread ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom