Condensation in Suunto Stinger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mislav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I've had no problems with my Suunto Stinger so far, but now, for a week or so I've noticed it fogs up after some dives. It only happens if it's in direct sunlight after the dive and not too much, yet enough to notice. I've had some people tell me this happens sometimes with their Stingers as well and it's nothing I should worry about.

I've made over 20 dives with it since but, I'm aware I'm playing with fire here. Any experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks Asser. I guess I'll need to find my warranty paper. I've misplaced it somewhere...

I wouldn't worry - my Stinger fogs up slightly sometimes, right in the middle of the display if it's in direct sunlight after a dive. It's got 1,119 dives on it and has been to 350 feet without ill effect, so I figure it's not a problem. It's certainly outlived the D9 I got to replace it... And a couple of other computers!

On the other hand, my girlfriend's Stinger also used to fog up sometimes and eventually developed a small - but finally fatal - leak.

Me, I always dive with two computers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom