Conditions @ Lake Jocassee yesterday;

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
57 degrees @ 95 feet. Viz @ 95 feet not so good. I was in the trees before I could see them. Since it was my fifth drysuit dive and my first dive in a year and a half plus I had a loop of bungee flapping around off of the drysuit zipper, I decided to get out of the trees.

Hi evad,

How far down is the lake now? What was the conditions around 50'? Was thinking of going and playing on the lake this weekend!

Hey Tony,
@ 50 ft. vis was good temp about 60. You can walk down the ramp to water just over your head, so, I'm told, the lake is up (somewhat). I'm going there now and will report later re 50 ft conditions and lake level.

Ok Tony, The water was back down by a lot. Is this posssible or was I hallucinating yesterday? Today there was about two feet of water over the end of the ramp. You can sit down on the ramp and put on your fins. Yesterday the water was lapping up to the ramp from the side about four feet higher. Today the water temp was 59 degrees @ 44 feet. Vis was ok as the sun was pretty low.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I may try and hold out for another weekend to head to the florida springs. They could be pulling down the water there. I am not sure how the power company runs the dam. Last time I was there the ramp was out of the water. So the lake is up since I was there last.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom