Conflict in middle east

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who did you get your Dahab trip through ? i'm having a bit of difficulty getting anything around that time (school holidays and all)

conor,

we are travelling dublin-london-sharm el shiekh and then taking the bus up dahb.
the london-sharm leg of the trip is with soliman travel ltd 02073705159 or egypt@solimantravel.co.uk going through sharm seemed to be the most economical way, but still wan't exactly cheap. hope thi helps.

leo

Ruu once bubbled...

Are there any recommended texts / courses for freediving that you would recommend?

Dave

I am not very acquainted with freediving, but I know that Erez Batus (He is holding some sort of freediving world record together with Trevor Hutton) teaches freediving courses in Eilat. As far as I know from people who participated in those courses they were very satisfied from him.
So, at least one good reason to come to Eilat (I have more :) )

Here is a link to the world record I was speaking about:

http://www.divingfree.com/html/news/archives.htm

Enjoy your stay in Sinai. (Well done!)

Hi,
I've just got back from Dahab to England. The town was quiter than I've seen before, but there were still divers and tourists about, mainly Europeans. The benefit was great diving, quiet sites and generally a safe feel about the place. The check-points were all manned and security is certainly up a few degrees. As I was leaving the Arab delegation was arriving so the airport was particularly well manned....!
I don't feel qualified to advise, it's too personal a decision, but I am planning to go back in May to finish my dive master......

Cheers!
Dave

Hey,

I am all booked, paid for and good to go I should be arriving in Dahab at the end of the week, so its good to hear that the place still has a little life left in it (although quiet does sound good TBH, particularly when diving). I have 256meg of flash and a digital camera to take with me, so I will try and post a few pictures above and below water upon my return.

What was the water temp / reef condition looking like when you were there?

Dave

Hi
I’m new here my name is Felix and I’m from Israel.
I took a group to Dahab few weeks ago water temp 21-22 C.
Visibility dependents on the wind’ we had few days with strong S wind and diving was impassable but most of the time the sea is great.
The clubs are empty tourism is near to zero. And the locals doing everything to make you comfortable (as an Israeli group we experienced some verbal hostility but nothing series last summer in Italy I experienced more).
Have fun and safety dives
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom