Confused about dive rates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would call the dive operators to verify pricing. I would think it would be $15 for both tanks. I mean obviously you either have your own tanks or you need 2 tanks. Otherwise it would say $65 + $15 per tank. However, there will probably be a $6-12 per tank up charge for nitrox. Again, the best way to be sure is to call the operators and ask. Then please post what you find out so we all know.

No, it's $10 per tank for air, $15 per tank for nitrox, a $5 premium.

I only dove with Splashdown once, but what a bad experience, thought I would speak up about that, not really sure if that is typical. Let me be specific, they were running late so forced us back in the water after only 1/2 hour surface interval, so they wouldn't be late returning to the dock to pick up their afternoon customers. They were unfriendly and chose a second dive site as close to the inlet as possible for proximity. All the other dive ops mentioned I have used and had a great time. Some ops will offer discounts, if you ask, for multiple trip, for instance.

I would call the dive operators to verify pricing. I would think it would be $15 for both tanks. I mean obviously you either have your own tanks or you need 2 tanks. Otherwise it would say $65 + $15 per tank. However, there will probably be a $6-12 per tank up charge for nitrox. Again, the best way to be sure is to call the operators and ask. Then please post what you find out so we all know.

I'll definitely post what I find out. Hope it is only $15 for two tanks!

I'll definitely post what I find out. Hope it is only $15 for two tanks!

Generally speaking you pay $10 per tank for air or $15 per tank for NITROX.

Based on my experiences in FL, yes, it does mean $15 per tank, therefore, you're paying $95 for a morning of diving (plus the tip.)

My favourite dive op is Underwater Explorers in Boynton Beach. The boat's a 6-pack and Kevin, the owner, will generally get in the water with you, or leave you alone with a dive flag to do your own thing. Very roomy, professional, and fun!

Have a great time. :)

Is Kevin the Captain of this boat?

......I would think it would be $15 for both tanks. I mean obviously you either have your own tanks or you need 2 tanks. Otherwise it would say $65 + $15 per tank.......

Ha! not always. When I first purchased a tank, I commonly brought mine and then rented one tank from the dive shop. Now I own too many and have not rented in quite a long while. The charge is per tank at virtually all shops in SE FL for the very reason I outlined.

I just booked our dives with Emerald Charters for our August trip. I emailed Randy yesterday and he got back to me in the evening and said that a person from ScubaWorks would contact me. Jay from ScubaWorks emailed me this morning, and I gave him a call for clarification on tank prices. The dive Randy offers, that we signed up for, are a 3-tank dive (two morning and one afternoon) for $90 plus $15 per tank for nitrox or $11 per tank for air. Therefore, our 3-tank dives will cost us $135. I'm really looking forward to diving in a new place and seeing what the Jupiter area has to offer! From what I've read on ScubaBoard, I'm in for a treat!

Wrong, please see previous post

---------- Post added June 17th, 2013 at 06:24 PM ----------

Yes, Kevin Metz is the captain of this boat

Just curious. If what you say is true, and he's leaving his boat to go diving with his charter, he risks big fines and loss of his captain's license. Captain's are not allowed to leave the boat, unless there is another captain on the boat.

Just curious. If what you say is true, and he's leaving his boat to go diving with his charter, he risks big fines and loss of his captain's license. Captain's are not allowed to leave the boat, unless there is another captain on the boat.

Why would you think he dives when he captains the boat? Did someone say that is the case, don't think so? I'm not even sure why you would bring this up, care to explain?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom