Consuming fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just about anything is fair game for my stomach!

I won't eat anything huge though due to risk of certain poisons not species bias. Barracuda/bonita are also off limit for me they are better served as bait or released.

Hardly any fish for me...
If it's not eco-friendly, I'll avoid it in my plate.

- No overfishing (eg tuna)
- No nets (by-catches and lost nets are large issues)
- No large boats
- as local as possible

Only freshwater fish that I catch myself

While reading another thread, this piqued some interest in the ole brain.

Do you eat fish?

What kind?

Avoid any (species or method)?

I don't eat a lot of fish, but do enjoy wild salmon, halibut, trout and tuna and whatever local fish while I'm on vacation (snapper, snoke, lion fish, etc). I don't enjoy the taste of shell fish, and don't eat squid/octo/etc.

I have no issues with people eating any fish either.

What about you?

_R

For the benefit of those who haven't seen the other thread that the OP here referred to, it's this:

Don't understand the ban on shooting some fish species

There appears to be some overlap now between the threads on the issue of sustainability, so maybe consider which thread to post in.

<3 seafood. I will eat about any fresh or saltwater fish. Part viking so I can't help it. :)

I love any kind of shellfish & cephalopods. I hope that these kinds of fish are eco-friendly, bc I love them.

I generally like swimming fish as well, pretty much any of them -- although I don't eat a lot of them, I think bc they are hard to cook correctly.

The only think Ive tasted that I didn't like was a slab of roe (I think it was chad roe). Since I like the roe you find on sushi, I thought I might like it. It was nasty

So my wife recently asked me what I would like to eat for my birthday. I'm not as much of a steak guy as a seafood guy. I told her a fritto misto: squid and sardines. No shrimp, though we do eat quite a bit of "Wild Georgia Shrimp" as the marketing people refer to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom