Converter required

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter69_56

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for a 7/16 UNF male to 3/8 UNF male converter or a method to do this so I can use generic HP hoses for my Oceanic quick disconnect on my Pro Plus 2 computers. Even if I have to put a couple of brass/stainless fittings together to make the combination. OEM hoses are in the order of $150 AUD where as generic hoses are in the order of $30. I need 4 of them. Any help would be appreciated.

Is this what you are looking for: IMG_3990.jpg

If so, I have these 2 that I'm not needing and am willing to sell.

Be careful of pressure ratings. High pressure fitting should probably be rated to 5,000 psi. Brass fittings may only be rated to 300 psi.

Be careful of pressure ratings. High pressure fitting should probably be rated to 5,000 psi. Brass fittings may only be rated to 300 psi.

Glen,

Thanks my option was to either try and find some from a local parts shop but would probably have to ask for hydraulic fittings or to get some made up, which always poses a problem "whats the rating".

I am currently trying to get a dive supplier to either source some or perhaps get his supplier to manufacture some for me.

The fittings in the other post are not male male unfortunately which is what I need, the only way I could use them is if I could also locate a female female 7/16 nipple to screw into them. If someone has some I would then be in business.

If your hoses have failed is it possible to reuse the fittings and just replace the hoses? Someone who makes high pressure hoses for scuba should have the hoses and crimp fittings in stock.

Now that's a thought. The hose has a male 3/8 UNF one end and male 7/16 UNF the other end. Perhaps I could just get 4 hoses made up with reinforced hose.

Is there anyone here who manufactures hoses who could do this as a special job. I would probably get 8 hoses made up.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom