Convertible 3442 PSI valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a used but functional valve to use for my 3442 psi PST E7-80. It has one on it now, but it is an odd size and one of my reg yokes won't fit on it. So, if you have one with the tapered sides (which are more common) and you want to sell it, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Most valves to fit in the PST HP-80 are odd because they are a 7/8" straight thread neck instead of the More common 3/4" straight thread neck. The only manufacturer (that I know of) is Genesis for that valve, and they only come in 300 bar variety. That means that they are not convertible. There are a few old OMS valves to fit that cylinder around, but again, I think (I'm not positive) they are 300 bar valves. Good luck in your search.

If it's a 3442 tank, then any standard 200 bar DIN valve will be fine. The 7/8" 300 bar valves were only for the 3500 psi tanks.

Most valves to fit in the PST HP-80 are odd because they are a 7/8" straight thread neck instead of the More common 3/4" straight thread neck. The only manufacturer (that I know of) is Genesis for that valve, and they only come in 300 bar variety. That means that they are not convertible. There are a few old OMS valves to fit that cylinder around, but again, I think (I'm not positive) they are 300 bar valves. Good luck in your search.

No, it's actually an E7-80, sorry I wasn't clear. They are "high pressure" tanks rated for 3442 psi, and they do allow use of a 3/4" convertible valve. The one tank I that I am having a problem with has a 3/4" convertible valve on it now, but for some reason is is shaped more like a DIN valve, where the top is very round, instead of the tapered shape of the more common valve.

Anyway, that prevents one of my regs yoke from sliding down and connecting.

BTW, I think we met at BTS last year, so if you are going back to the show this year, our paths may cross again!

Check out Northeast Scuba in Pa. they have a large selection and are very helpful

oh ok, you want a dedicated yoke valve? I thought you meant a 200 bar convertible yoke/DIN valve. If you want a yoke valve, I have several, a couple Thermos and at least one Sherwood.

oh ok, you want a dedicated yoke valve? I thought you meant a 200 bar convertible yoke/DIN valve. If you want a yoke valve, I have several, a couple Thermos and at least one Sherwood.

OMG, I am REALLY not communicating well today! I DO want a 200 bar convertible yoke/DIN valve!

Maybe I should start again...:D

Lol, ok so we have it figured out! What valve do you currently have? I have several tanks with convertible valve (9 or 10), maybe we can just swap a valve since everything I have for regs is DIN.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom