Convertible 3442 PSI valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol, ok so we have it figured out! What valve do you currently have? I have several tanks with convertible valve (9 or 10), maybe we can just swap a valve since everything I have for regs is DIN.

Now we're getting somewhere! My valve is a convertible yoke/DIN valve rated for 232 bar. 3/4".

Give me a minute and I will post a couple pics!

IMG_2619sm.JPG

IMG_2618sm.JPG

Does it have a manufacturer name on it anywhere? I want to make sure I can get parts if I need to.

Valves

Looks like it might be a blue steel valve (I already have one of these). If so, I would be willing to trade a Genesis valve I have, that way all my valves are either Blue Steel or Thermo.

This is what the Genesis looks like.

Welcome to Genesis Scuba!

Jim

No, it's off an Aluminum tank so it's got a 3000psi burst disc. The thing is, the 3000 psi disc ruptures at 5000, whereas a 3442 disc ruptures at 5250. Not a big deal. Northeast Scuba Supply has genesis burst discs for about $3 if you feel you want to replace it.

I will have a better look at it when I get home from work, but I dont think so.

I am looking for a used but functional valve to use for my 3442 psi PST E7-80. It has one on it now, but it is an odd size and one of my reg yokes won't fit on it. So, if you have one with the tapered sides (which are more common) and you want to sell it, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Wow; reading this thread made my eyes water!

Did you ever get a valve? I have an XS Scuba convertible (with the rinky-dink red 'n green indicator rings!) which I swapped out when I changed over to H-valves.

$40 plus shipping.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom