Converting a Bauer Poseidon from Electric to Petrol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I bought a new Bauer Poseidon single phase for a sailing/diving trip to New Caledonia and Vanuatu. We were on a 50ft CAT so had a generator on board and electric was perfect. I am now going to be doing some diving off smaller boats around New Zealand and want to convert the compressor to petrol. I have bought a Subaru EX17 motor off an agricultural machine and rebuilt the motor. This is the exact same motor that Bauer supply in their petrol version of the Poseidon. I have sorted the right pulley, mountings, belt etc. The last thing is the throttle control. The motor I have had a cable to a lever mounted on the bars of the agricultural machine. The Bauer Poseidon petrol version just has a throttle lever on the side of the engine. I am hoping someone who has a petrol Poseidon could send me some pictures of their throttle control so I can modify mine to match. I really need to see a detailed photo including springs, mounting points, linkages etc. If anyone can help that would be awesome!! Appreciate your help in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom