Converting Apeks 1/2" to DIR 3/8" Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackice

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Apeks regulator and just purchased a Haycyon DIR Hose kit. The trouble with the Apeks reg is the main reg hose is larger than normal hoses it's 1/2" when the others are 3/8".

How can I make this work? Is there a converter that will downsize the outlet on the 1st stage?

Thanks

blackice once bubbled...
I have an Apeks regulator and just purchased a Haycyon DIR Hose kit. The trouble with the Apeks reg is the main reg hose is larger than normal hoses it's 1/2" when the others are 3/8".

How can I make this work? Is there a converter that will downsize the outlet on the 1st stage?

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3611791164&category=1300

There is also a reducer type that sits almost flush with the 1st stage body. Just the hex part sticks up above the body. I can take a picture of mine if you want as my description of it probably sucks :D

I'm not sure but I think they don't include one because it won't make any difference. An 'O' ring needs to be retained on three sides to work correctly. Trapping it under the rim is pretty much worthless.

Did you try it without? I would be inclined to just use PTFE plumber's tape on the threads.

Is there a US based source?

Thanks team, it's great to get help on these little things that other wise would have me ringing around town looking for the little thing, now I know what to ask for.

Just use the hose that came with the reg for the back up second.

I actually got (and am returning) the 1/2" hose. The hose itself is noticably fatter and stiffer than the 3/8" version and does not route as well.

I'm going to switch from a 5' x 1/2" to a 7' x 3/8" and (reluctantly) use the reducer.

Plugging the 1/2" port does not appear to be an option because the spare 3/8" port is on the wrong side of the block for either conventional or DIR routing.

The 1/2" hose that came with the reg is substantially too long to work effectively with the necklaced second. I think the 22" is a little long and the original hose is about 27".

Back
Top Bottom