Converting interspiro SCBA mask to SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
From the looks of the outside and insides of the units they basically look identical. I have a SCBA spiromatic mask and want to see what it would take to convert it to what the SCUBA version of it is called the divator.

I even once read or was told the SCBA spiromatic units were capable of being operable to 15or 20 feet in emergencies like a Firefighter falling into a pool while wearing the unit, etc.

Other than the mask lens possibly not being pressure rated, and the regulator being set to provide positive atmosphere in ambient air, not under water pressures I dont see any difference in the masks. Can anyone from the boards, or any rep comment on this? The company is closed right now, and I will call tomorrow. If I get any updates I will share them here.

Also I am only interested in converting the mask, I realize the rest of the system is completely different, especially the carbon fiber, hoop wrap, or kevlar bottles not being for underwater use. Thanks

Update, it can be done, and costs about 400 bucks. So if you run across one for free you can have a 700 dollar full face mask for almost half the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom