Coolest/Most Unique "Finds" While Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our dive resort had sunk a boat a few weeks prior, but it hadn't been visited by any divers, and though its location was known, being a part of the first group to find its exact spot was really exciting.

I should add, we weren't taken to that dive site where the boat was sunk. We were at a nearby site and swam in the direction of the wreck until we found it.

I've gone to a local lake clean-up dives a couple of times, the tradition is to vote for the "find of the day" after it's all done. The weirdest thing (not found by me) was the cast iron tridenty-stand kind of thing that nobody could figure out FTW it was. The best guess was it could have been something for a fireplace, like maybe a poker stand of sorts. Looks like the photo is not on the shop's website anymore :( (that dive was pre-covid).

For those dives, the briefing includes "please don't find guns nor bags of white powder: if you do, we'll all be here until midnight writing witness statements, affidavits, and having all sorts of police-related fun".

Interesting you said that; the LDS that I work for hosts annual fishing pier clean ups at all of the local beaches. The last one we held (Pompano Beach FL) involved the local sheriff's department. While I didn't find it myself, another diver located a gun. I have a picture of it somewhere, I'll dig it up and post here. The police were highly interested in how it got there & took it as potential evidence!

I also do some metal detecting on the beach in my free time. I found a vial of white powder last week, looked like fentanyl. Was happy to get it off of the beach and away from all of the kids.

Interesting you said that; the LDS that I work for hosts annual fishing pier clean ups at all of the local beaches. The last one we held (Pompano Beach FL) involved the local sheriff's department. While I didn't find it myself, another diver located a gun. I have a picture of it somewhere, I'll dig it up and post here. The police were highly interested in how it got there & took it as potential evidence!

I also do some metal detecting on the beach in my free time. I found a vial of white powder last week, looked like fentanyl. Was happy to get it off of the beach and away from all of the kids.
A86A1B07-32B5-4283-91DD-D7AB5DDFFDB3.jpeg

Hard to tell but it looks like a Hi-Point. If so, a very cheap gun that very well may have been used in a crime.

Good eye, I was able to inspect it before the police got their paws on it. I had the same inclination and it was indeed a Hi-Point. Street corner special.

That pier also has a small, round hole at the end of it for sightseeing. The gun was found directly underneath. One would think "maybe I should throw this as far as I can" but nope, stupid is as stupid does.

As I understand it from CSI: Special Victims, a couple of days in the water is enough to degrade the fingerprints & DNA traces; after that: who cares.

That pier also has a small, round hole at the end of it for sightseeing. The gun was found directly underneath. One would think "maybe I should throw this as far as I can" but nope, stupid is as stupid does.
Or simply dropping it has a significantly less probability of being seen/drawing attention....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom