Cooper River Dive Charters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Backwoodsdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
I've been wanting to dive the Cooper River for a while now and was wondering which charter service would be the best to use. I was thinking of using Cooper River Dive Charters based out of Goose Creek, SC. Has anyone used them or have recommendations for other charters? I've read most of the older posts on the Cooper but don't recall seeing any reference to this charter service.

Thanks,
Randy

There are a few dive charters that run out on the cooper river I have never heard of the one that you mentioned. Cooper River Dive Charters based out of Goose Creek. >snipped unsupported slam of operator - Rick< Freedom at Depth runs pretty good charters 3 dives for $85. Another one to check out would be off the wall charters they offer 4 1hr dives for $100

charlestondvr:
There are a few dive charters that run out on the cooper river I have never heard of the one that you mentioned. Cooper River Dive Charters based out of Goose Creek. >removed unsupported slam - Rick< Freedom at Depth runs pretty good charters 3 dives for $85. Another one to check out would be off the wall charters they offer 4 1hr dives for $100

Hi charlestondvr. I dove with >removed slammee - Rick< (one day trip) a few years ago and had a nice time. Is there something I didn't know? Why the warning about him?

Thanks for the information. Are specific areas of the river better than others? Or do all the charters cover the same dive spots? If anyone has any recent dive reports I would like to hear them.

Backwoodsdiver:
Thanks for the information. Are specific areas of the river better than others? Or do all the charters cover the same dive spots? If anyone has any recent dive reports I would like to hear them.

I haven't been out yet this year, but had some great Cooper dives last year. I know most of the CR operators and what spots you go to does not depend as much on the service as it does the captain. I would just make sure that you choose an experienced captain that know the river well.

Call Bill Routh @ Off the Wall Diving in Salem, SC. Bill lives in the upstate but dives the Cooper about 10 days out of each month year round. He does a great job. He can handle 6 divers. You'll go out for 4 1 hour dives. He knows the river and goes out of Goose Creek. I like to dive that area of the river as opposed to farther down river because things tend to become more broken up farther you go down the river. You'll find more bottles, indian artifacts, civil and revolutionary war era items farther up stream.

www.offthewalldiving.com

I've got about 30 dives in the river, most with Bill.

Dave

I just came back from a weekend there with my neighbor, we use Mark Johnson, he also has a cond you can stay at for $25 a night per person, not far from the docks. I can get you more details if interested.

ddierolf:
I just came back from a weekend there with my neighbor, we use Mark Johnson, he also has a cond you can stay at for $25 a night per person, not far from the docks. I can get you more details if interested.

What were the dive conditions like? Did you have any luck?

Thanks,
Randy :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom