Cooper River Tooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moose016

Contributor
Reaction score
I went out on the Cooper River a couple weeks ago with Underwater Adventures in Sumter, SC and found this tooth. The Sumter Item newspaper is writing an article about it, along with a 1860s wine bottle we found on the previous trip. I found a couple other good teeth a 1930s or 40s soda bottle, pieces of british and indian pottery and what we believe is part of an old boat. Sorry about the picture, it is from an old cell phone, I lost my digital camera.

Tooth.jpg

Its about 6.5". I'll post once I get the pics from the dock, we took a scale shot. I tried to hide my hand behind it, so that picture might be a bit flattering. I'll try and post a link to the article when they finish it too.

nice tooth i was happy to find my 1.5 inch tooth
haha
but i did have a picture of a lower horse jaw bone my buddy found on the same trip with me to the Cooper and he started to throw it back lucky he didnt
he let the dive shop put it in their display case and a months later
some folks saw it and the way i understand it they look for fossils for like a collector
they called him and he offered him $700 for it without even seeing it

Back
Top Bottom