Copyright Info on Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tgoetze

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has put a copyright on their pictures using Photoshop CS. I have tried several times with some tips that I have found, but cannot seem to get it to work. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

tgoetze

i do my copyright infomation and signature(varies by the image and where its going) via a action in PS.

if you could tell me what you want to do i would make it easier for a tutorial(something simple like xyz Photographer (c) 2005, or a full signature on the image ?)

Tooth

I just want to type my name and the copyright symbol with the year on the photo.

There was recently a discussion on watermarks on Digital Diver. Snoak wrote an action for PS and explains how to use it.

tgoetze:
I just want to type my name and the copyright symbol with the year on the photo.

Tgoetze:

Try this. With your image active for work, click on the text tool (the T in the toolbar). Select font and size and color from the options bar at top. When you click in the image it will create a text layer. Hold the Alt key down and type 0169 on the numeric keypad (on my computer the number keys on the top row do not work for this for some reason - make sure your numeric keypad is on). This produces the © symbol.
Then type the rest of your copyright info. The type layer can be adjusted and scaled if you dont like the look. When all is well, merge down and you have your copyrighted image. If you do this a lot (in the same size photos in the same place) then use an action as Scubatooth suggests. Let me know how this works for you.

---Bob

Bob, great info and like the graphic, says a 1000 words...

Tooth, would be interested in an action layout..

I currently use the Gallery to put them of when doing a gallery, but don't have any way, outside of doing it manually each time on all photos. I do use the copyright in the IPTC (exif) area - highlight all the files in the folder and then type in and apply, but as you know it doesn't show...

So does the action go step-by-step in creating a new one, or do you just create one and then apply it to photos in the directory or file browser???

Just wondering, thanx for any insight...

Fpoole

PM me the info you would like in the image and i will build a action and tutorial for it in the next week for you.

also can i have permission to use one of you gallery photos for this actions ?

Tooth

Scubatooth:
Fpoole
PM me the info you would like in the image and i will build a action and tutorial for it in the next week for you.
also can i have permission to use one of you gallery photos for this actions ?
Tooth

Oh Tooth, thanx for the offer, I was just trying to help the thread, on showing how it might be done.. as in a procedure type of thing. Maybe on another thread?? maybe an "PS Actions Community" or something like that where everyone can just get an idea of how to make one and use it...

Again thanx for the offer, I'm ok as I need to learn how to do it... I'm familiar with making "Easy Actions" heheh... just a lazy ole slug, and looking for an easy way out...
but thanks for the offer... appreciate it... :wink:

fpoole i was going to make a action but then a tutorial with it on how to make it yourself.

one thing is though on putting copyright marks on the image is that you have to yo do it for each image size from web through gallery print as the DPI rate has to be there for the image or the lettering wont be visable (to small) or pixelated (over enlarged)

FWIW

Tooth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom