Copyright

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im not sure about that, its is making a copy of your work but in another medium (BTW film to digital doesnt count ,its illeagla to d o that) from what i know of public domain copyrights as long as you make a noticeable enough change your not in violation of the law. personally i would work with the artist on a comprimise for acknowledgement that they are using your photo in different form (i would personally ask for some compensation if she sells it) what you could do is work with the person and when shes done have the image and the painting on display together, because that could raise intrest in a buyer wanting both or a person wanting a copy of the painitng or the image if in any case it raises the likelyhood of both of your names getting out , which inturn would raise your sales

FWIW

Scubatooth once bubbled...
scorpain fish

first off the water mark i put on the images is not easily removed, and more over itcovers the whole image so its alot of work to remove it, and its dead obivous. also i put some other items in linke the shadows of the image that until you blow it up to over a 1000% to read the micro dot.

also you line about photoshop, its not possible, but your welcome to prove me wrong.

do this
go on to a major search engine and type in B&H photo and go to anyone of there products and remove the watermark on the page , and then come postthe before and after pictures here.

awaiting your reply

Hi, scubatooth!

Sorry to be so long in replying, but the turkey just would not stop calling!

You are probably right and I sure do not want to spend alot of time to prove otherwise. I have never altered a watermarked photo with photoshop, but I monkeyed with other vintage photos and very significantly transmogrified them!

I guess my main point was, though, that unless the photo is worth a lot of money and the "thief" has very deep pockets, copyrighting is not much "protection".

Scorpionfish--now filled with lots of turkey, gravy and cranberry sauce!

Back
Top Bottom