Coron and Tubbataha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenazah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some pictures from my trip to Coron and Tubbataha last week. All pictures were taken using Canon A570IS with Ikelite Housing, Sea&Sea YS-90 Strobe and WA-Lens.

Let me know what you think.

2362311868_262c55e9bf.jpg

2362311874_7cf360a5a7.jpg

2362311894_369de244e9.jpg

2362309448_597d38a550.jpg

2362309440_d516681e0a.jpg

2362309436_021b0413c4.jpg

Yes, the fish was under a ledge and he's upside down.

Wonderful shots!! First thought that 1st pic was upside down but bubbles do go upwards in background. Very good use of a single strobe!!

63.gif

All are excellent shots.

Did you dive the wrecks in Coron? If so your opinion on those dives. So far just about everyone I talk to here that has done them complained of poor vis and/or strong currents.

Current could be very strong. Viz was vary, we got really good viz on one of the big wreck (Kyokuzan Maru I think).

I personally loved it, historical wrecks, healthy coral, tons of creatures. What's not to like. It's no Truk Lagoon for sure, but it's much much easier to go to Coron.

Also the Barracuda lake in Coron is a very very unique dive site.

Is it worth it to go to Philippines just for Coron? Maybe not. But Coron and Tubbataha? Oh yeah!!!

63.gif

All are excellent shots.

Did you dive the wrecks in Coron? If so your opinion on those dives. So far just about everyone I talk to here that has done them complained of poor vis and/or strong currents.

Nice shots, thanks!

The Kyokuzan Maru is one of the better dives, since it is on the north side of Busuanga, the vis is generally much better. As I have heard, the wrecks in Coron Bay used to have much better vis years ago, but as a result of the pearl farming in the bay, vis is not so great nowadays.

I still find lots of good picture opportunities, quite a bit of life on the wrecks. The Olympia Maru and the Taiei Maru are maybe my favorites for taking pix. The wrecks offer very interesting diving, I think its a great place to spend time, one of my favorites. And really nice scenery topside too.

Very nice, first two especially.

Current could be very strong. Viz was vary, we got really good viz on one of the big wreck (Kyokuzan Maru I think).

I personally loved it, historical wrecks, healthy coral, tons of creatures. What's not to like. It's no Truk Lagoon for sure, but it's much much easier to go to Coron.

Also the Barracuda lake in Coron is a very very unique dive site.

Is it worth it to go to Philippines just for Coron? Maybe not. But Coron and Tubbataha? Oh yeah!!!

Great shots Jenazah! Got any pics from Barracuda Lake?

I also loved Coron - pure adventure diving. It was a big change from the regular reef diving in the PI. Very unique. I didn't mind the relatively "poor" viz on the wrecks since you could still appreciate the wreck structure.

Doing a joint Coron & Tubbataha trip was an awesome way to go.

edit: @ jim: I didn't experience the strong currents in Coron - in fact all the sites I went to had little to no current.

Beautiful WA shots, Jena! The #1 is awesome... Keep them coming! :D

Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom