Correct bolt snap for Halcyon Scout?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

/snip

When you take Fundies (you are getting ready for Fundies right?), your instructor will likely explain all of this to you, and help you get the positioning of everything just right.

Why take the class when you can learn to DIR dive on the internet? :shocked2:

:D

Why take the class when you can learn to DIR dive on the internet? :shocked2:

:D

C'mon Ben, my instructor LOVED it every time I began a question with, "But I read on Scubaboard that..." :D

C'mon Ben, my instructor LOVED it every time I began a question with, "But I read on Scubaboard that..." :D

You see that works for Fundies... but when you move onto T1 you have to change it up a bit:

"But I read on The Deco Stop that..."

:eyebrow:

You see that works for Fundies... but when you move onto T1 you have to change it up a bit:

"But I read on The Deco Stop that..."

:eyebrow:

Read what on the deco stop???

"I have my bolt snaps for sale."

Read what on the deco stop???

After intentionally starting a bunfight about how you should never need a BCD no matter how much gas or weight you dive with so you should only use your drysuit for inflation I found these stages in the cave that only had about half + 200 psi in them after I turned the knob I figured they must have been abandoned so I took them home and put bands on them to double them up but they seem to be uneven is this safe I want $200 OBO for the wing $400 firm for the doubles plus shipping and paypal and does anyone know if I should upgrade my 10w to the led700 in a cave.

Here is a picture of the Scout on my right shoulder harness, do you guys think the bolt snap is too large, should I go one size down?

Also I'm not that clear on where to place the two rubber tubbings, should I slide them all the way down on the head of the light?

Thanks,

MG

rc984i.jpg

Wow, I go away for three weeks and I come back to find that you've come over to the Dark Side! Look at you with all the blue H's and everything!

Soon, your transition will be complete!

emperor1.gif

I use the same gloves (DUI neoprene) and have no problem with reserve light deployment with the smaller snap. (Dont substitute equipment for skill developement) Avoid buying snaps at hardware stores for $3.50 as they likely dont have a stainless spring and will begin to stick almost immediatly.

Salvo is well known for excellent customer service.

The Salvo vs. Halcyon thing is very old news, and Salvo seems to have survived nicely.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom